Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Thanksgiving Crafts!


Everyone should have a childhood memory of tracing your hand with a crayon and creating your very own "Thanksgiving Turkey".  (If you do not have that memory, I strongly suggest you give it a try this year!) 

Our storytime craft this week was incredibly fun!  We each traced our hands in crayon and created some of the most creative and beautiful turkeys ever to grace a Thanksgiving table.

Some years ago I found the following poem:
This isn't just a turkey, as you can plainly see.
I made it with my hand, which is a part of me.
It comes with lots of love, especially to say, I hope you have a very, Happy Thanksgiving Day!"

Crayons, construction paper and imagination make some of the best holiday decorations ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment